Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: ...things that I...*hmph*..."like".

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    ...because some (whiney) people think I am too "negative"...blah blah wah. Fuckin' crybabies. Here are some things I like at the moment, in that I do not wish them any specific harm:

    Dark Angel's Top Ten

    1. Marvel Select Ultimate Thor: Yeah, he kinda looks like a wrassler...and his hammer was a bit saggy...and his base just kinda...well, it sucks...but still...BEST DAMN THOR FIGURE EVER. Which is sort of good/bad...in that its too bad the classic look ML Thor wasn't this good.

    2. Shinedown. He's staring down the barrel of a .45, people, and swimming through the ashes of another life. Poor guy. Cool band, give them a listen.

    3. Rain. Sweet, sweet rain. After all, I'm only happy when it rains, I'm only happy when its complicated, and though I know you can't appreciate it, I'm only happy when it rains.

    4. The kindness of strangers: ...I have always relied upon the kindness of strangers...and the person I am thinking of is about as strange as they come. You know who you are.

    5. Self-Pity: Specifically, that of others. It makes me laugh.

    6. Digitally Remastered Re-releases: No, not those money-grabbing re-releases of things that didn't actually need re-released, but the older albums that were recorded before the digital age being specifically remastered for CD play is cool. Yeah, I really don't know what I am talking about, but my Concrete Blonde "Free" album sounds noticeably better than its original CD release, and that's all that matters.

    7. The Summer Solstice: The longest day of the year, which is bad...but also heralds the gradual shortening of days henceforth. Which is good.

    8. Top Ten Lists: Because they become such a challenge toward the end. Challenge, challenge, happy, happy. See #3 above. -_-

    9. Pop Culture: It gives me yet another reason to look down on people.

    10. The end of this list. Which I love so much, it really ought to be #1. Assuming #1 is a "best place" thing...which I never really established. So we will just say this was in no specific order.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Guitardeth2's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,698
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You mean thiers something out there you really like?!?! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Cemetery Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2004
    Posts
    2,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love rain too, and from the sound of today's thunder it's gonna be a good day. Garbage the band on the other hand, no. Though that song isn't so bad.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member 0193081's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2004
    Posts
    3,000
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was going to ask if anybody else had heard of Shinedown.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member *PORTHOS*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 21st, 2001
    Posts
    4,658
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    WOW
    DA LIKES SOMETHING OTHER THAN TORTURING FELLOW BOARDMEMBERS!
    [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Peter Hoffman:
    I was going to ask if anybody else had heard of Shinedown.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I actually do rather like them; not the best band in the world, but they have a style all their own, which is saying quite a lot these days. They certainly stand out from all the emo and rap/metal/whine rock out there...

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ June 22, 2004 09:52 AM: Message edited by: -Dark Angel- ]</font>

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    they got a website?

    and where's the transformers?!?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Darkest Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2004
    Posts
    5,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes, they have a website. Beware the obnoxious flash intro.

    TFs? Um...nothing new enough to make the list. However, there is a new Decepticon out there called Mirage, with a futuristic gunboat alt-mode, who does, in fact, rule. Very evil lookin' bot with gobs of useful articulation.

    Also, I would like to add a number 11:

    11. That hot Peeker chick! I could bang her RAW. *drools*

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ June 22, 2004 10:07 AM: Message edited by: -Dark Angel- ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member baimun's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 6th, 2001
    Posts
    6,345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What to get DA for Christmas.......

    Digitally Remastered Pop Culture Soundtrack to "The Kindness of Rain-Soaked Self-Pitying Summer Solstice Strangers and the Hammer of the Gods" with special bonus track by Shinedown.

    [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ June 22, 2004 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Baimun ]</font>

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner Biomechanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 26th, 2001
    Posts
    2,469
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I was expecting more lyrics for some reason.

    Liking things is so stupid. Stupid orcs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •